Did You Know: Exercise Matters, Even in the Winter
With half the country under a blanket of snow, we thought this would be a great time to provide five summer dog exercises that can (and should) be done, even in the winter!
1) Frisbee -- Fetch can be a challenge in the winter as tennis balls sink below the snow. Frisbees, on the other hand, tend to rest on the snow’s surface letting Fido find and retrieve them easily.
2) Long strolls on the beach -- Missing your balmy stroll down the beach? Heading out for a stroll on a snow-covered beach brings the same resistance benefits of sand, and you can enjoy seeing a favorite summer spot from a different perspective. Be careful to prevent strolling on the ice!
3) Hiking -- Don’t pass-up favorite hiking spots just because there’s a little snow on the ground: Many trails remain open over the winter months, giving you and your pooch a much-needed escape to nature after being cooped-up in the office or home during the day.
4) Dog Park Date -- Socialization is just as important in the winter as it is in the summer. Taking Fido to the local dog park in the winter helps keep him active with other dogs and gives him the chance to run around leash-free.
5) Obstacle Course -- Get creative and transform your backyard into an awesome obstacle course with snow. Your dog will love running through your maze and hopping over hurdles in the snow.
Snow is only a barrier when we start thinking about what we can’t do outside. There are tons of activities you and your dog can enjoy in the snow, so get creative and have fun with it!
If you haven’t yet signed up with the Notify Me button, register now so you can be one of the first to know when Voyce is available for pre-order and purchase.